Great Circle Associates Firewalls
(June 1997)

Subject: Re: Restrict Springboarding
From: Bertrum Carroll <bc17684 @ 90 . deere . com>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 1997 11:06:40 -0500
To: "Daniel G. Drumm" <dgd @ nebula . is . rpslmc . edu>
Cc: Hidayatullah Khan <khanhi @ emirates . com>, "Firewalls @ GreatCircle . COM" <Firewalls @ GreatCircle . COM>

I'm sure your getting a lot of good ideals to help stop spring
boarding.  Please consider the following.

1.  Start with your lawyers.  Have your business partners agree not to
"springboard"

2. Put your anti springboard in place and test it (wrappers or what ever
you pick).

3.  Turn on "auditing" on the target systems.   Thus if someone attempts
to springboard you will have a clue.  But, you must check your logs!

....... Insert standard legal disclaimers,,,,, Not the view of my firm
.... so on and so on.....