Great Circle Associates Firewalls
(June 1997)

Subject: Re: Secure Telnet!
From: Vin McLellan <vin @ shore . net>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 23:34:01 -0500
To: Jose Luis Delgado <jdelgado @ nexus . net . mx>
Cc: firewalls @ greatcircle . com

	Jose Luis Delgado <jdelgado @
 nexus .
 net .
 mx> asked:

>Does anybody know, where can I find shareware/freeware SECURE telnet for
>NT???

	As you probably know, F-Secure (commercial SSH from Datafellows)
has NT clients and servers for SSH. But, unfortunately, it is neither free
nor freeware.

	I haven't seen nor heard much about STEL (Secure Telnet) in the
past year (not a great sign;-) but you might check out the current STEL
package at the Italian CERT,  based at U of Milan, to see if their Secure
Telnet (STEL) has been extended to NT:
ftp://idea.sec.dsi.unimi.it/pub/security/cert-it/

	If that doesn't pan out, do a search at COAST, the huge archive at
Purdue University, always worth the visit: http://www.cs.purdue.edu/coast/
You might also toss a query the growing cult of those obsessed with
improving NT security: the subscribers of ISS's NT-Security List.. <E-mail
a "subscribe ntsecurity" message to majordomo @
 iss .
 net .
 >  There is probably
an NT-Security archive at the ISS web site.  Another possible resource,
check Russ Cooper's NT-Bugtraq archives at:
http://ntbugtraq.rc.on.ca/archives/ntbugtraq.html

	I, for one, would appreciate it if you would report back to this
List if you find something free/cheap and useful.

	Suerte,
		_Vin

      Vin McLellan + The Privacy Guild + <vin @
 shore .
 net>
  53 Nichols St., Chelsea, MA 02150 USA <617> 884-5548

From: Irwin Lazar <lazar @ netevolve . com>
Next: Re: Microsoft Proxy Server
From: "Jeremy D. Zawodny" <jzawodn @ wcnet . org>
Indexed By Thread Previous: Re: Secure Telnet!
From: tsanghan @ contact . com . sg (Wong Tsang Han)
Next: Re: Secure Telnet!
From: Petr Snajdr <snajdr @ pvt . net>