Great Circle Associates Firewalls
(June 1997)

Subject: Re: Security Crazy
From: "Michael H. Warfield" <mhw @ wittsend . com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 14:35:10 -0400 (EDT)
To: wombat @ mcfeely . bsfs . org (Rabid Wombat)
Cc: jk @ stallion . ee, Firewalls @ GreatCircle . COM

Rabid Wombat enscribed thusly:

> > > He's a bit unclear on the concept, isn't he?
> >
> > I am pretty sure there actually are good commercial systems available to
> > make large number of win95 machines much more secure than as they are
> > out-of-box.

> All things are relative ...

	Really!  It would be one hell of a challenge to make it LESS
secure.  Considering your starting point, you got a lot more room to
work with and try to make it more secure.  :-) :-)

	My favorite app for making Windows 95 secure is the Windows NT
installation disks!  :-)  Or Linux, or BSD, or whatever secure operating
system will do YOUR job.

	Mike
--
 Michael H. Warfield    |  (770) 985-6132   |  mhw @