Great Circle Associates Firewalls
(October 1996)

Subject: Re: NCSA membership
From: Frank Willoughby <frankw @ in . net>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 96 19:49:56 -0500
To: firewalls @ GreatCircle . com

Methinks that Tony Iannotti <tony @
 fozzie .
 secapl .
 com> wrote:

>On Tue, 29 Oct 1996, Mark Mitchiner wrote:
>
>> Anyone out there a member, and is it worth it?
>> I'm mainly concerned w/ firewall issues; viruses
>> are someone elses department.
>
>I find their conferences very valuable, and members get a discount nearly
>equal to yearly membership. IMHO The magazine is good, but not great.

Another alternative which I have found very useful is to try the folks
at CSI (Computer Security Institute).  Their web address is:
http://www.gocsi.com  They can also be reached via landlines at:
(415) 905-2626.

I have found their conferences and written materials to be pretty valuable.
I would recommend that you check them out.

Best Regards,

Frank
	-- Rich Kulawiec

<standard disclaimer>
The opinions expressed above are of the author and may not
necessarily be representative of Fortified Networks Inc.

Fortified Networks Inc. - Information Security Consulting
http://www.fortified.com     Phone: (317) 573-0800     FAX: (317) 573-0817
Home of the Free Internet Firewall Evaluation Checklist

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: firewall configs