Great Circle Associates Firewalls
(October 1996)

Subject: Re: Web Site Blocking
From: sangster @ reston . ans . net (Paul Sangster)
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 1996 18:49:34 -0400
To: firewalls @ greatcircle . com, lazar @ netevolve . com

> From lazar @
 netevolve .
 com Thu Oct 24 18:37:29 1996
> Date: Thu, 24 Oct 1996 17:18:57 -0400
> To: firewalls @
 greatcircle .
 com
> From: Irwin Lazar <lazar @
 netevolve .
 com>
> Subject: Web Site Blocking
>
> Hi all:
> Quick question.  We are working on a large distributed network that will
> have several points to the Internet.
>
> One of the requirements is to be able to filter access to certain web sites
> of the adult nature.  The network will have four access points to the
> Internet.
>
> Is it possible to control this type of access through a high-end
> application layer firewall placed at the internet points, or is the only
> way to do this through a product such as net-nanny running on the
> individual PC's?

Some application layer firewalls support this capability.  The one I am
most familiar with ;-) the ANS InterLock supports the ability to selectively
block sites, directory hierarchies or individual pages.

> thanks for any responses.
> lazar @
 netevolve .

                             Paul Sangster
ANS CO+RE Systems Inc.                        Senior Software Engineer
1875 Campus Commons Dr.                       sangster @
 reston .
 ans .
 net
Suite 220,  Reston VA 22091                   (703) 758-7706

Indexed By Date Previous: port 113