Great Circle Associates Firewalls
(October 1996)

Subject: RE: Fireballs-Digest V5 #550
From: rabbi @ www . valuu . net (Rabbi Haim Cassorla)
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 1996 15:20:07 -0400
To: "'Chris Townend'" <ctownend @ e-tex . com>, "Firewalls @ GreatCircle . COM" <Firewalls @ GreatCircle . COM>
Cc: "mail . e-tex . com @ GreatCircle . COM" <mail . e-tex . com @ GreatCircle . COM>

The short answer is:

1. Very.
2. Unplug it.

----------
From: 	Chris Townend[SMTP:ctownend @
 e-tex .
 com]
Sent: 	Thursday, October 03, 1996 1:58 PM
To: 	Firewalls @
 GreatCircle .
 COM
Cc: 	mail .
 e-tex .
 com @
 GreatCircle .
 COM
Subject: 	Re: Firewalls-Digest V5 #550

My network currently utilizes nasi dial-out capabilities through
a netware connect 2.0 server.  Dial-out clients are using
win3.11 with netscape 1.22.  These clients do not have a tcp/ip
stack on network card, only ipx.  Can anyone tell me how
vulnerable my network is to access from other Internet hosts,
and how to protect it?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Gauntlet vs. Sidewinder