Great Circle Associates Firewalls
(October 1996)

Subject: Gauntlet vs. Sidewinder
From: "Bouchard, Alexis, 2Lt,SAM/GNCP" <BOUCHARDA @ comm . hq . af . mil>
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 96 09:34:00 PDT
To: Firewall Discussion <Firewalls @ GreatCircle . COM>

I have to choose between Gauntlet and Sidewinder as a Firewall solution.
 Both products meet my laundry list requirements. Both can do the job of
securing my network, but which one is better?   What I'm looking for is
which one is better then the other as far as easy of use, overall security
and support from the vender.  I have all the general vender info, but I'm
looking for strong technical reasons why I should go with one or the other.

I'm a new kid on the block.  This is my first Firewall experience.  I
haven't had the luxury of seeing many Firewalls in use, or being able to
play and fiddle with them.  I'm open to all input and all advise.  I need to
take advantage of someone else's experiences.

Alexis Bouchard

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Subnetting Class C Network