Subject: Re: linux vs. *bsd for secure networking system
From: sdw @ lig . net (Stephen D. Williams)
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 1995 14:23:30 -0400 (EDT)
To: blymn @ awadi . com . AU (Brett Lymn)
Cc: Marius @ doulosgeri . com, firewalls @ greatcircle . com

> According to Marius:
> >
> >weak points, just like everything else does, but I just wanted to say
> >a few words in its defense...
> >

> A very reasonable response!
>
> And to redress Karl's omission - you can also go the path of NetBSD
> which, unlike FreeBSD, has ports to a whole gaggle of different
> machines - not just PC's.  The ports that are running are listed on
> the WWW page at www.netbsd.org, ones I can remember are Mac, Suns,
> Amiga, some HP boxen - there are others.

Once you have installed a distribution and actually started using it,
it doesn't make sense to think about distributions: I just update
kernel, compiler, libraries, utilities, etc. as they are updated.

Distributions are always behind the curve quite a bit.

--
Stephen D. Williams 25Feb1965 VW,OH (FBI ID) sdw @
 lig .