Great Circle Associates Firewalls
(July 1994)

Subject: Re: TACACS
From: paul @ hawksbill . sprintmrn . com (Paul Ferguson)
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 1994 14:13:38 -0500 (EST)
To: gaus @ znanost . mz . hr (Damir Rajnovic)
Cc: firewalls @ GreatCircle . COM

> I try to find my way through CISCO IGS administration and while reading
> manuals (like a good boy) I find something called TACACS. On first look
> it seems to be good thing but what it is for (yes, I read CISCO mans.,
> but what is real use of it) and does anybody use it? What are drawbacks
> using TACACS?
>
> Sorry if I ask stupid questions but I have noone better to ask.

TACACS is outlined in RFC 1492, "An Access Control Protocol, Sometimes
Called TACACS." (I sent you the RFC via private mail.

Cheers,

Paul Ferguson
US Sprint
Managed Network Engineering                        tel: 703.904.2437
Herndon, Virginia  USA                        internet: paul @
 hawk .
 sprintmrn .