Great Circle Associates Firewalls
(July 1994)

Subject: Firewalls
From: "Kenneth Aveirls" <KAVEIRLS @ PHSATL . SSW . DHHS . GOV>
Date: 21 Jul 1994 15:23:15 GMT
To: firewalls @ greatcircle . com
Comment: MEMO 07/21/94 15:17:00

          Hi,

          I am new at this, so here I go.  My agency is running
          IPX/SPX from a Novell 3.11 server and passing traffic
          through a 3COM NetBuilder router.  Our other 9 Regional
          Offices (scattered throughout the US) are also connected by
          way of a NetBuilder router.  We are changing from IPX/SPX to
          TCP/IP and will be given Internet addresses per workstation.

          Question:  Once TCP/IP and Internet addresses are
          implemented, will there be any danger of hackers on our net?

                          KAVEIRLS @
 PHSATL .
 SSW .
 DHHS .