Great Circle Associates Firewalls
(July 1994)

Subject: Re: Vendor Recommendations
From: Marcus J Ranum <mjr @ tis . com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 94 09:52:12 EDT
To: MISRHV @ infosvcs . tmh . tmc . edu, nick @ server . uwindsor . ca
Cc: firewalls @ GreatCircle . COM

WARNING:
	Unabashed plug. Since everyone else seems to be making vendor
plugs, I'd like to mention that not only do we try to be nice guys
about firewalls, we also sell them.

>The more common Baiston Host techonology. From vendors such as....
>
>ANS   (interlock product)
>DEC   (seal)
>Raptor Systems.
>
>Will Provide expensive commercial firewalls. Its my obsveration that alot of
>new vendors are appearing in this area. So I myself are looking at a few
>new names from the list such as...
[...]
>I think they are just establishing themselvies in this area, so company
>reputation isn't there yet.
>
>And don't forget there's the TIS toolkit as well for those who want a
>little more control (and responsibility ) for their own dystany.

	At this point I feel obligated to mention that in addition to
the toolkit, TIS offers a complete packaged firewall product (the
TIS Gauntlet) built around the toolkit technology (with value added).
With Gauntlet you get a proven technology, a well-understood and "open"
solution, and our reputation speaks for itself.

mjr.

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: How About Netblazers?