Great Circle Associates Firewalls
(July 1994)

Subject: Re: Source routing and IP forwarding on SunOs4.1.3
From: Geoff Mulligan <mulligan @ future . Eng . Sun . COM>
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 94 00:05:33 PDT
To: Herb Peyerl <Herb . Peyerl @ sidney . novatel . ca>
Cc: Firewalls @ GreatCircle . COM

> In my experience, and having not looked at SunOS source, I concur with
> Scott that disabling ip_forwarding does not actually disable source-routes.

You are absolutely correct -- disabling ip_forwarding DOES NOT disable
source-routes.  There is a patch available that will disable source
routing in SunOS4.x.

In Solaris 2.x there are NDD variables that allow you to enable and
disable ip_forwarding and soure routing.

ip_forwarding                 (read and write)
		and
ip_forward_src_routed         (read and write)

	geoff