Great Circle Associates Firewalls
(July 1994)

Subject: special client programs
From: eric @ ub4b . eunet . be (Eric Pieters)
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 1994 20:21:06 +0200 (MET DST)
To: firewalls @ greatcircle . com

I'm rather new to this, but it seems that for all firewalls, you need to
implement special user programs (clients) : socksified programs or
programs that will talk to your application gateway.

Is there anything I can do (except for packet filtering) to implement a
firewall without having to use special user programs ?

--
Eric Pieters
Eric .

Indexed By Date Previous: An Architectural Overview of UNIX Network Security