Great Circle Associates Firewalls
(April 1994)

Subject: Security aspects of Gopher, WAIS & WWW/Mosaic
From: syj @ ecmwf . co . uk (Jean-Philippe Martin-Flatin)
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 1994 11:05:12 +0100
To: firewalls @ GreatCircle . COM

Hi,

I've got to make a presentation about the security aspects of world wide
information servers such as Gopher, WAIS and WWW/Mosaic. I'd be specially
interested in the security holes closed over the past year in these products,
as well as the known threats still in them.

I've got plenty of material for the telnet URL hole in Mosaic 2.2 and lynx
2.2, but very little for the hole closed in Gopher 1.12 last summer or for
the use of chroot in Gopher 1.13 or 2.014, and nothing at all for WAIS and
freeWAIS.

If you have written or read about this recently, I would be most grateful
if you could send me a pointer. Please email direct to syj @
 ecmwf .
 co .
 uk .

If interest is shown, I'll post a summary.

Thanks in advance

Jean-Philippe

Indexed By Date Previous: FIREWALL CONSULTANCY REQUIRED (UK)