Great Circle Associates Firewalls
(April 1994)

Subject: Encrypted tunnels
From: "Robert G. Moskowitz" <0003858921 @ mcimail . com>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 94 07:05 EST
To: firewalls <firewalls @ greatcircle . com>

I need to understand how do create encrypted tunnels between trading
partners where there can be no requirement of matching firewall products.

Senario:

Employee X and Company A needs to jointly develop a part with Employee Y at
Company B.  Employee X does something directed at Company A's firewall, this
results in some data going across a unique or multiplexed pipe to Company
B's firewall (connection arrangements will already have been established
between the two companies).  This then goes on to Employee Y's system and
they can now do their design work securely.

Please tell me who to do this today.  And if it cannot be done, tell me how
to start up a process to make it happen...

Bob Moskowitz
Chrysler Corp
IS Technical Services

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: X through a firewall