Great Circle Associates Firewalls
(April 1994)

Subject: Monitoring email through firewall
From: Karyn Pichnarczyk <karyn @ cheetah . llnl . gov>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 1994 17:20:31 -0700
To: firewalls @ greatcircle . com

Please, people, Stop!

1. Discussing the privacy issues involved with email is not related to
Firewalls!
2. Discussing how much space email takes up is not related to
Firewalls!
3. Trying to justify a conversation about email by throwing in a
comment that it gets routed through a firewall does not belong on this
list!

4. comments like this:

   Whether we like it or not, folks, issues like this one will be coming
   to the fore as more businesses join the net.  Rather than flaming, let's
   work for some acceptable solutions/compromises.

should be discussed, but not on inappropriate mailing lists.

Please!  take the conversation to another forum, I suggest alt.flame.
I didn't join the firewalls mailing list to hear about
email/privacy/legislation/etc issues!

karyn

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Monitoring E-mail traffic through firewall