Subject: Re: manufactures codes for ethernet
From: Tom Fitzgerald <fitz @ wang . com>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 94 20:21:18 EST
To: brent @ greatcircle . com (Brent Chapman)
Cc: stan @ dot . ca . gov, firewalls @ greatcircle . com

> # Can anyone tell me who is assigned ethernet manufacturer code AA0003

> The best source of info for questions like this is the "Assigned
> Numbers" RFC.  This RFC lists not only Ethernet numbers, but all sorts
> of other numbers that have been assigned by various agencies for
> various purposes (port number, protocol numbers, frame type numbers,
> and so forth).  This RFC is re-issued periodically, with updates.  ]

Actually, this isn't the best one for ethertype values (though it is the
best source, by definition, for most other numeric magic numbers).  A
better source for ethertypes is ftp.lcs.mit.edu:/pub/map/Ethernet-codes.
The IEEE doesn't publish its official list, so public lists have to be
compiled from observation.

--
Tom Fitzgerald   Wang Labs       fitz @
 wang .